Family's death spurs campaign for free carbon monoxide detectors - WNEM TV 5

Family's death spurs campaign for free carbon monoxide detectors

Posted: Updated:
Quasarano family. Source: Family members Quasarano family. Source: Family members
FENTON TOWNSHIP, MI (WNEM) -

After a Mid-Michigan family dies of carbon monoxide poisoning, there’s a new campaign to help keep it from happening to anyone else.

All six members of the Quasarano family, from Fenton Township, died in February after a generator was started in the lower level of the home following a power outage.

Leonard and Heather, and their four children: Luke, 11, Brenden, 9, Rachel, 7, and Grant, 2 were found dead by family members.

Now the Fenton Township Fire Department and Nicole Careon have partnered to provide free carbon monoxide detectors to the public.

Careon has set up a gofundme page where you can donate. Click here to see the Q Project CO Detector Fund

>>Family of 6 found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning<<

Copyright 2016 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.