3 people saved from house fire by smoke detector - WNEM TV 5

3 people saved from house fire by smoke detector

Posted: Updated:
Stock photo Stock photo
THOMAS TOWNSHIP, MI (WNEM) -

Bright lights, breaking glass and the frightening, unmistakable aroma of a burning Thomas Township home. It's a recipe for disaster in the wee hours of the morning.

Three family members were inside, moments away from becoming casualties.

It was a perfect scenario for a family's worst nightmare, Thomas Township's Fire Chief Michael Cousins said.

"There were three of them. All sleeping, doors closed, perfect scenario," Cousins said.

It could have been a tragic story with serious injuries, even death, but instead it's a feel good story that will make you appreciate your smoke detector.

"It's huge. It's the win you're looking for. Too many times we see the downsides and the negative sides and here's a win. A win win. A smoke detector, a $6, $10 smoke detector literally saved their lives," Cousins said.

The blaze resulted in property loss and the lives inside were saved by their smoke detector.

Copyright 2016 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.