Fire breaks out at Cracker Barrel - WNEM TV 5

Fire breaks out at Cracker Barrel

Posted: Updated:
Stock photo Stock photo

A fire broke out at a Mid-Michigan restaurant Thursday afternoon.

It happened outside of the Cracker Barrel on Wilder Avenue in Bay County about 2:15 p.m.

The restaurant was evacuated and the Monitor Township Fire Department responded to the scene.

The trees and mulch were on fire outside of the restaurant, according to the fire department.

Fire officials believe someone tossed a cigarette into the mulch, which caused the fire.

The restaurant was back open at 3:30 p.m.

Copyright 2016 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.