Fire department evacuates homes after gas leak - WNEM TV 5

Fire department evacuates homes after gas leak

Posted: Updated:
Stock photo Stock photo
CARO, MI (WNEM) -

Residents were evacuated from their homes after a gas leak on Thursday evening.

It happened on the 700 block of W. Frank in Caro.

A resident was operating a rotor tiller and damaged a 5/8 inch plastic service line to a resident's home, according to Consumers Energy. This caused a gas leak, but the leak was stopped about 8:30 p.m.

As a precaution the fire department evacuated homes within a three block radius. The residents were not allowed to return to their homes until the entire area was checked for gas leaks.

Consumers arrived about 9:30 p.m. and expected to be completed about 11 p.m. They performed a house to house survey to check for gas leaks in the three block area.

Copyright 2016 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.