Glass from broken light may have gotten into child's burger - WNEM TV 5

Glass from broken light may have gotten into child's burger

Posted: Updated:
none none
SOUTHGATE, Mich. (AP) -

A company that owns a Detroit-area fast food restaurant says glass from a broken light bulb may have gotten into a child's burger.

WXYZ-TV reports a woman brought her 3-year-old daughter to a Wendy's in Southgate on Monday and heard an unusual crunching sound when the child bit into the burger. Police were called and the girl was taken to a hospital.

According to a police report, a manager told officers that glass was broken in a back area where food is prepared.

Starboard Group, which owns the restaurant, said in a statement: "This is an extremely unfortunate accident and we quickly investigated." The company said "it appears a light bulb may have broken during maintenance activity in the restaurant."

The station says the child is recovering at home.

Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.