Officials suspect fireworks caused house fire - WNEM TV 5

Officials suspect fireworks caused house fire

Posted: Updated:

Officials say they suspect fireworks are to blame for an early morning house fire.

Capt. Greg Simmons with the Saginaw Fire Department said a passerby called 911 to report smoke coming from the roof of a home in the 10000 block of Cherry Street early Tuesday morning.

Fire crews had to force their way inside the home and wake up the family of four.

Simmons said three smoke detectors were properly installed inside but he believes they didn’t sound an alarm because the smoke was trapped inside the attic.

Firefighters and two state troopers rescued the mother, father and two daughters before battling the flames.

No injuries were reported.

The fire is still under investigation. 

Copyright 2016 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.