Man burned when vaping device explodes - WNEM TV 5

Man burned when vaping device explodes

Posted: Updated:
Ambulance Ambulance
BAY CITY, MI (WNEM) -

A man is in the hospital after authorities say his vaping device exploded while he was eating at a Bay City restaurant.

Deputy Chief Tom Pletzke with Bay City Public Safety said the 27-year-old man was dining on the patio section at Tavern 101 Restaurant on Saturday, July 2 when the device in his pants pocket spontaneously ignited.

Pletzke said the man had burns on his right leg and was taken to McLaren Bay Region hospital by ambulance. 

His condition is unknown. 

Copyright 2016 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.