Teen dies after being electrocuted by line - WNEM TV 5

Teen dies after being electrocuted by line

Posted: Updated:
Stock photo Stock photo
DETROIT (AP) -

A 16-year-old boy has died in suburban Detroit after being electrocuted by a downed power line.

Taylor police say Austin Wohlfeil was a student at Truman High School. The incident occurred Friday night in the family's backyard.

Police Chief Mary Sclabassi says Austin was squirting the downed line with a water gun and was shocked at some point. A 20-year-old brother was also shocked but survived.

The chief calls it a "tragic accident."

Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.