Woman, dog found dead; suspected carbon monoxide exposure - WNEM TV 5

Woman, dog found dead; suspected carbon monoxide exposure

Posted: Updated:
Stock photo Stock photo
ORONOKO TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) -

A 78-year-old southwestern Michigan woman and her dog have died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

Anna Bacchiocci's son and daughter-in-law found her body Sunday afternoon in an Oronoko Township home, southwest of Grand Rapids.

Police say in a release Monday that officers investigating the death also found the woman's dog and quickly evacuated the home which was later found to have hazardous carbon monoxide levels.

Authorities are looking into whether Bacchiocci's car was left accidentally running in the home's attached garage.

Bacchiocci's son and daughter-in-law, two police officers and two firefighters were treated for carbon monoxide exposure.

Copyright 2016 Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.