Restaurant workers sickened by carbon monoxide - WNEM TV 5

Restaurant workers sickened by carbon monoxide

Posted: Updated:
Ambulance Ambulance
ROCHESTER HILLS, Mich. (AP) -

Authorities say several employees at a suburban Detroit restaurant were taken to a hospital because of carbon monoxide poisoning.

TV stations WXYZ and WDIV report crews responded Thursday to Noodles & Co. in Rochester Hills and high levels of carbon monoxide were found.

Authorities say at least six employees were treated. The fire department says the restaurant had lost power earlier in the day and, after power was restored, ventilation equipment didn't come back on properly. The employees are expected to be OK.

No customers at the restaurant were sickened. Lt. Paul Wright of the Rochester Hills Fire Department says it "could have been very serious."

Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.