Elderly man, grandson burned in Thumb area blaze - WNEM TV 5

Elderly man, grandson burned in Thumb area blaze

Posted: Updated:
Ambulance Ambulance
SANILAC COUNTY, MI (WNEM) -

A 72-year-old man and his 4-year-old grandson are being treated for burns after a camper exploded in flames in Sanilac County Wednesday morning.

The Sheriff's Department said a 911 call was received at 10 a.m. reporting a camper trailer and pole barn on fire in the 2600 block of North Rangeline Road in Custer Township.

The older male is from Deckerville. Authorities said he was attempting to light gas burners to the stove of the camper when the inside exploded in flames. Both he and his grandson have been taken to Deckerville Hospital.

Their names and conditions have not been released.

Copyright 2016 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All Rights Reserved

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.