Fire sparks while family at high school football game - WNEM TV 5

Fire sparks while family at high school football game

Posted: Updated:
Source: Brooke Yenglin Source: Brooke Yenglin
BAY CITY, MI (WNEM) -

A Bay City home was heavily damaged after a fire sparked during a high school football game.

It happened about 8:28 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 1 in the 500 block of Harold Street.

The homeowner told TV5 he and his family were at Bay City Central’s football game about three blocks away at the time of the blaze.

A 78-year-old woman was home at the time. She told officials she heard sparking, went outside and saw smoke toward the back of the home.

She called 911.

The fire reportedly began in the basement wiring and then spread up into the attic.

The home was heavily damaged. Thankfully, no one was hurt. 

Copyright 2016 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.