Authorities say a Detroit-area man who accidentally drowned at a June music festival in western Michigan had ingested large amounts of controlled substances.
The Muskegon Chronicle reports 29-year-old Matthew Yo of Southfield was discovered floating in Lucky Lake on June 20 after he had been reported missing from the multi-day Lakes of Fire festival at Lucky Lake Campground near Rothbury in Oceana County.
Sheriff's Lt. Craig Mast says an autopsy determined the cause of death was accidental drowning and multiple substances he had ingested were contributors. Mast says that among those substances were cocaine, alcohol, marijuana and the tranquilizer ketamine.
Copyright 2016 Associated Press. All rights reserved.