Man threatens teens with gun after Trump sign destroyed - WNEM TV 5

Man threatens teens with gun after Trump sign destroyed

Posted: Updated:
CBS Photo CBS Photo
ALLEN PARK, MI (AP) -

A Detroit-area man has been charged after pointing a gun at six teens and preteens he suspected of destroying his yard sign supporting Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.

Allen Park police say officers found the 12- to 14-year-olds on the grass Saturday with 56-year-old Michael Kubek standing over them "cursing and yelling."

They said a gun had been pointed at them.

Kubek called police earlier to report the damaged sign and that the group was fleeing. He told officers the gun was unloaded. Kubek also said he didn't see who damaged the sign.

He is free on bond after being arraigned on assault with a dangerous weapon charges. A Dec. 12 preliminary examination is scheduled.

The Associated Press left a voicemail Friday at a telephone number listed for Kubek.

Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.