Home undergoing renovations damaged by fire - WNEM TV 5

Home undergoing renovations damaged by fire

Posted: Updated:
Source: WNEM Source: WNEM
MUNDY TOWNSHIP, MI (WNEM) -

A home that had been vacant for decades and was in the middle of renovations was heavily damaged by an early morning fire.

Firefighters were called at 6:30 a.m. to the house in the 1300 block of W. Cook Road in Genesee County’s Mundy Township.

Fire Chief Ed Blight told TV5 no one was home at the time and that renovations to the home, which was likely built in the early 1800s, are suspected as a cause of the fire.

Some .25 millimeter ammunition in the house did explode due to the intense heat of the fire, but no one was hit, according to Blight.

No one was hurt.

The State Fire Marshal is investigating.

Copyright 2016  WNEM TV5 (Meredith Corporation) All Rights Reserved/

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.