Disabled man loses everything in house fire - WNEM TV 5

Disabled man loses everything in house fire

Posted: Updated:
(Source: WNEM) (Source: WNEM)
PINCONNING, MI (WNEM) -

A Mid-Michigan man and his caretaker lost everything in a mobile home fire last month.

The home belongs to Stan Skrzysinski. The 64-year-old is on disability and undergoes dialysis. He is still in the hospital and scheduled to undergo surgery for burns he sustained in the fire.

Skrzysinski didn't have insurance at the time of the fire and now he and his caretaker have no place to stay.

It's a miracle he survived the fire. A furry friend got him up just in the knick of time.

"Actually, Stan was sleeping when the fire started and the dog jumped on his lap and he told him, 'get down.' And then he woke up and Sassy jumped on him and he seen the fire. He tried to put the fire out and that's how he got burned so bad by trying to put the fire out," said Sue Skrzysinski, Stan's sister-in-law.

She hopes the Rescue Squad can come through with help for her brother-in-law.

"He needs a place to live and he needs all the contents that go in a house. Like I said, they have absolutely nothing. The family little odds and ends, anything would be greatly appreciated," she said.

A gofundme account has been set-up if you would like to help. You can find it here.

Copyright 2016 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.