Officials: Apartment fire likely caused by laundry dryer - WNEM TV 5

Officials: Apartment fire likely caused by laundry dryer

Posted: Updated:
CLIO, MI (WNEM) -

An apartment complex caught fire Monday, leaving some people out in the cold. Its cause is linked to something many people do inside their home.

The fire tore through the Pine Run Place apartment complex in Clio, leaving behind some serious damage.

Crews were called to the scene on Plaza Drive about 5:30 p.m. on reports of a fire. It took them two hours to battle those flames before putting it out.

Officials said it started on the top level and that both units were occupied, but luckily, no one was hurt.

We’re also told the cause of the fire was actually a laundry dryer in the upper unit. A tenant said she is just glad everyone is safe.

“Like I said, these things in your apartments are material things. They can be replaced, lives can’t be. And so I’m just glad everyone got out,” Sandy Howard said.

Howard also said everyone involved in the fire has a safe place to go for the night.

Copyright 2016 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.