Saginaw middle school evacuated for smell of gas - WNEM TV 5

Saginaw middle school evacuated for smell of gas

Posted: Updated:
SAGINAW COUNTY, MI (WNEM) -

Students at a local middle school were evacuated Wednesday morning after concern over a possible gas leak. 

It happened about 8 a.m. at Thompson Middle School in Saginaw. 

Cynthia Brackett with the Saginaw Public School District told TV5 students were asked to evacuate the building prior to the beginning of school due to a defective pilot on a kitchen stove causing a gas smell. 

An all clear was given shortly after and students were allowed to return to the building. 

Copyright 2017 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.