Man killed in house fire, smoking accident may have sparked flam - WNEM TV 5

Man killed in house fire, smoking accident may have sparked flames

Posted: Updated:
Stock photo Stock photo
BAY COUNTY, MI (WNEM) -

A 64-year-old man is dead after his house caught fire, and investigators believe the flames may have been sparked by a smoking accident.

Michigan State Police were heading to 4628 N Huron Road in Bay County on May 5 for a medical call.

EMS arrived on the scene before them and found smoke coming from the building.

Fraser Township Firefighters were called and after getting a handle on the fire were able to enter the building where they found Stanley Skrysinski laying on the kitchen floor.

Once outside emergency responders declared him dead.

A fire investigator from the Bay County Sheriff’s office said initial evidence shows that Stanley’s oxygen tank may have caught fire due to a smoking accident.

A cigarette butt was found in the kitchen and there was an obvious path of travel by the fire where the oxygen line ran through the house, according to investigators.

Michigan State Police report that Stanley’s previous home next door had also burned down due to similar circumstances less than a year ago.

Copyright 2017 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.