No one hurt after fire damages Best Western - WNEM TV 5

No one hurt after fire damages Best Western

Posted: Updated:
Source: WNEM Source: WNEM
Source: WNEM Source: WNEM
MUNDY TOWNSHIP, MI (WNEM) -

An early morning fire Wednesday had guests scrambling at a local hotel. 

The fire was reported on the second floor of the Best Western off Hill Road in Mundy Township at around 3 a.m.

Luckily, no one was hurt. 

Officials said that while the investigation is ongoing, it appears a coffee maker in a room overheated, setting off smoke detectors and eventually sprinklers.

The sprinklers extinguished the fire before firefighters arrived.

About 20 guests were in the building and were relocated to the third floor.

There is smoke damage to the second floor and water damage to the first.

Copyright 2017 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.