A Detroit-area woman has escaped her home after it exploded and caught fire.
WXYZ-TV and The Detroit News report that authorities are expected Wednesday to continue investigating the explosion which occurred Tuesday afternoon in Inkster, southwest of Detroit.
Inkster Fire Marshal Robert Roths tells the newspaper that the woman was in the shower when the explosion occurred, but ran from the house and was not injured.
Roths says a natural gas leak may have led to the explosion. He says the house was "fully engulfed" by flames when firefighters arrived.
Everything inside the home is believed to have been destroyed.
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.