Small chimney fire leaves no damage at Davison restaurant - WNEM TV 5

Small chimney fire leaves no damage at Davison restaurant

Posted: Updated:
Stock photo Stock photo

A fire at a Mid-Michigan restaurant may have been the result of record-breaking temperatures.

Firefighters were called to Italia Gardens in Davison at about 8:53 p.m. Sunday evening. The owner posted on Facebook that the small chimney fire could have been a lot worse.

“We had a small chimney fire, which we believe to be a result of the intense change in humidity this past week that created a backup at the top of the chimney. We appreciate the quick response of the Davison and Richfield Township Fire Department, as well as the Davison Township Police to ensure that a small situation didn't turn into a bigger one,” they said.

The owner said there was no damage and the restaurant was inspected by the health department and given the OK. 

Copyright 2017 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.