Electric heater may have sparked mobile home fire - WNEM TV 5

Electric heater may have sparked mobile home fire

Posted: Updated:
Source: 9 & 10 News Source: 9 & 10 News
GLADWIN COUNTY, MI (WNEM) -

Investigators say an electric heater may have sparked a fire that destroyed a mobile home in Gladwin County.

It happened Wednesday, Dec. 27 on Lakeshore Drive in Secord Township.

Firefighters told our affiliates at 9 & 10 News the fire started in a bedroom of the home. The family escaped the blaze and firefighters kept the flames from spreading to nearby homes.

Officials said the frigid temperatures did pose a major challenge to putting out the flames, though. 

The people who lived in the mobile home are staying with family for the time being, according to officials. 

Copyright 2017 WNEM (Meredith Corporation) / 9 & 10 News. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.