Bathroom fire causes evacuations at Heritage High School - WNEM TV 5

Bathroom fire causes evacuations at Heritage High School

Posted: Updated:
Courtesy of viewer Courtesy of viewer
SAGINAW TOWNSHIP, MI (WNEM) -

Authorities say a fire at a Saginaw Township high school caused evacuations Wednesday.

It happened just before 11 a.m. at Heritage High School.

A trash can fire was reported in the boy’s bathroom, according to Police Chief Don Pussehl. Students were initially evacuated, but have since returned to class.

The parent of a 9th grade student at the high school told TV5 the fire alarm did go off inside the building and students were told over the loud speaker to “get out now this is not a drill.”

Copyright 2018 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.