Recipe from Miriam Hoffman of East Palestine, Ohio
Total Time: 45 min
1 pound of eye round cuts
3 garlic cloves
3 poblano peppers
6 bacon slices
1. Boil the eye round in 8 cups of water with 1 garlic clove, 1 onion and salt until is cooked.
2. In a pot, add vegetable oil and fry the 2 chopped garlic cloves and the 2 sliced onions, then remove. Fry the bacon lightly, add the fried garlic and onions, sliced tomatoes and the poblano peppers.
3. Before you add the poblano peppers, you have to roast them. Make a small cut in each one of them and roast until the skin turned black, immediately put them in a closed plastic bag and leave them there for 10 minutes in order to make them sweat. Then remove the black skin and cut into strips. Then add to the rest of the ingredients in the pot.
4. Continue adding the juice of the oranges, cilantro, salt, pepper and sugar. TIP: add the salt first and then the sugar.
5. Let it cook for 25 minutes and enjoy!!
Yield: 4 servings
Comments: I was born in Mexico, this is a delicious traditional meal I want to share.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.