HUD awards housing money for several mid-Michigan communities
MID-MICHIGAN (WNEM) - Eight mid-Michigan communities are getting housing money from the federal government.
The money is part of more than $3 billion awarded by the Department of Housing and Urban Development across all 50 states.
The Flint Housing Commission was awarded $3.6 million, by far the most in mid-Michigan, followed by the Saginaw Housing Commission at $1.6 million, and Bay City at $702,000.
Funding was given to the following communities:
- Alma Housing Commission: $253,959
- Bay City Housing Commission: $702,962
- Caseville Housing Commission: $119,362
- East Tawas Housing Commission: $88,912
- Flint Housing Commission: $3,627,617
- Gladwin Housing Commission: $176,347
- Mt. Pleasant Housing Commission: $300,618
- Saginaw Housing Commission: $1,610,533
- St. Louis Housing Commission: $208,302
Housing authorities can use the funding to complete large-scale improvements such as replacing roofs or making energy-efficient upgrades to heating systems and installing water conservation measures.
- Community plans for Spartan Sunday
- U of M Flint plans for the future
- Kildee secures $2M for extracurriculars for Genesee Co. youths
Subscribe to the TV5 newsletter and receive the latest local news and weather straight to your email every day.
Copyright 2023 WNEM. All rights reserved.