Bathroom fire causes evacuations at Heritage High School

Courtesy of viewer

Authorities say a fire at a Saginaw Township high school caused evacuations Wednesday.

It happened just before 11 a.m. at Heritage High School.

A trash can fire was reported in the boy’s bathroom, according to Police Chief Don Pussehl. Students were initially evacuated, but have since returned to class.

The parent of a 9th grade student at the high school told TV5 the fire alarm did go off inside the building and students were told over the loud speaker to “get out now this is not a drill.”

Copyright 2018 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Locations

Digital Content Producer

Recommended for you