Ten employees at a Mid-Michigan hospital were part of an office pool that won $1 million in Tuesday night’s Mega Millions drawing.
TV5 cameras were rolling when Nikki Wildey and her husband Al discovered their ticket was the lucky one sold at Ric's Food Center on Mission Street in Mount Pleasant.
"I think my heart was racing because I kept thinking, 'could it really be?' Because I know a lot of people probably bought tickets at Ric's," Nikki said.
Nikki told TV5's Coty Kuschinsky they are employees at McLaren Central Michigan in Mt. Pleasant, and one of the 50 tickets they bought was worth $1 million.
The office pool was made up of nurses, a doctor and a secretary. Each who paid in $10.
One of the winners is Samantha Franklin. She is a nurse with four kids under 8-years-old.
"It's a huge deal. My husband is working out of town to make extra money so he can pay some stuff off. So this is like a godsend. This is super exciting," Franklin said.
The vice president of Ric's said he couldn't think of a more deserving group to win big money at his store.
"Good day overall. I'm really happy for the community and I'm just happy for these nurses and doctors at the hospital. It probably made their day," said Tom Bauman, vice president of operations at Ric's.
After the million dollars is divided up and taxed, the winners are not 100 percent sure what they will take home. But they are glad they won together.
"We have fun. We work hard and we quite often don't eat. We don't eat breakfast. We don't eat lunch. We don't eat until we go home because that's how hard we work. But I'm eating lunch today and I might even drink," Nikki said.
Another million-dollar ticket was sold at Bricks on 44th Street SW in Grandville.
Mega Millions officials say a ticket purchased in South Carolina matched all six numbers in Tuesday night's $1.537 billion drawing. The massive jackpot fell just short of record for all lotteries.
The winning numbers were 5, 28, 62, 65, 70 and Mega Ball 5.
Thirteen lucky players matched four of the white balls drawn plus the Mega Ball - 05 - to win a $10,000 prize. Those winning tickets were bought at:
• BP gas station, located at 500 Ann Arbor Street in Manchester
• BP gas station, located at 715 South Main Street in Olivet
• Citgo gas station, located at 2410 Michigan Avenue West in Battle Creek
• Conlee Travel Center, located at 9180 Birch Run Road in Birch Run
• CVS Pharmacy, located at 131 Elm Street in Wyandotte
• Fresh Choice Food Center, located at 35400 East Michigan Avenue in Wayne
• I and J Liquor, located at 27221 West 7 Mile Road in Redford
• Kibby Cobb, located at 2628 Kibby Road in Jackson
• Little Mack Beer and Wine, located at 28480 Little Mack Avenue in Saint Clair Shores
• Meijer gas station, located at 1235 Irish Road in Davison
• Meijer, located at 5121 South Westnedge Avenue in Portage
• Meijer, located at 3175 South Rochester Road in Rochester Hills
• Shell gas station, located at 1625 Market Place Drive in Caledonia