Workers are being let back into the Durant building in Flint after it was evacuated from a reported fire.

The Flint Fire Department said smoke from cigarette butts in a receptacle outside got into the building's ventilation system and caused the problem

The scene has been cleared by firefighters.

The incident was initially reported by central dispatch as a structure fire.

The Durant building is located at 607 E. Second Avenue.

Copyright 2018 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Locations

Continuous News Manager

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.