A Mid-Michigan family is shocked after losing their home in an early morning blaze and learning a family member has a brain tumor in less than 24 hours.
Crews were called to the fire at 2308 Nebraska Ave. Bridgeport at 10:40 a.m. on Friday.
"The clothes on our body, shoes on our feet, my car. That's it," said Tim Wise, lived in the home.
That is all the Wise family has left.
Thursday night the family was in a Detroit hospital learning troubling news about Wise's father.
"He was just diagnosed with brain cancer, but it's not spreadable so they're just going to do surgery on Monday to fix that up," Wise said.
On Friday morning, the family learned more bad news.
"We got a call saying our house was engulfed in flames," Wise said. "One of the heaters had caught flame on something. And oxygen tanks we had in the house from our elderly grandma, they blew up and started a bigger fire throughout the entire house," Wise said.
The home is in ruins and the family lost four of their pets in the fire.
They are trying their hardest to stay strong, but Wise's father remains in the hospital and they are asking for help.
"We really could take anything. Just prayers. Just keep us in your thoughts. We just need anything at this moment for my dad and our house," Wise said.
A GoFundMe page has been created to help.