Image: Scene at Consumers Energy plant in Hampton Township

A small fire at a Consumer’s Energy facility in Bay County caused high levels of carbon monoxide.

Hampton Township Police was dispatched to the plant on Weadock Hwy. at 11:39 p.m. for a bunker fire.

Officials reported that the fire was smoldering and had high carbon monoxide levels.

Portsmouth FD and Essexville Public Safety assisted Hampton Township at the scene.

Officials from Hampton Township worked to monitor temperatures and carbon monoxide levels.

We will update you as we learn more information.

Copyright 2019 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

CLICK HERE to download the TV5 app.


Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.