GENERIC: fire firefighter

A Mid-Michigan apartment is a total loss, and the people that lived there are staying with family, after a kitchen fire Monday night.

Flint Township firefighters were called to Sunridge Apartment Complex at 5:45 p.m. on Jan. 13.

Officials said grease on the stove caught fire and spread, causing one apartment unit to be destroyed.

Residents in three other surrounding units were also displaced due to smoke and water damage.

All residents got out safely, but one firefighter sustained a minor injury after straining/spraining his foot.

Crews were able to clear the scene by 10 p.m.

Copyright 2020 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

CLICK HERE to download the TV5 app.


Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.